WHO WE ARE
Are you enjoying your job-seeking process? Can you imagine a better way? We at Arena not only imagine a better way, we are working toward making it a reality.
Resumes, pedigree, assessments, and personal connections have proven time and again to be ineffective at predicting actual job performance. These age-old processes reinforce bias. They burden the applicant and the employer with administrative tasks. And they contribute little insight and information to guide either party in determining if they are a good match.
At Arena, you can help replace these outdated processes, one client at a time.
- Help organizations increase retention by putting the right people in the right jobs.
- Remove Bias from the hiring process. Sure, lots of products say it, but ask us how we do it.
- Be a part of a stable, fast growing company where we recognize that creativity, openness, and opportunity are what lead to achieving our mission.
- Integrate with client systems, build new product lines and support our Data Science team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Software Engineer at Arena, your main goals are to integrate with client systems, evolve our existing applications, build new products and build tools to support Data Science.
You will handle the full software lifecycle: design, implement, deploy and monitor. Be prepared to dive into all of those areas. You don’t need to know all of our technologies beforehand, but gradually learn them. We seek people that are able to get things done.
- Develop backend applications in OCaml, Clojure and Python -- we are sunsetting OCaml in favor of Clojure, but it will be around for a while
- For the occasional frontend, Typescript and React
- Develop our infrastructure in AWS (ECS, RDS, S3, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Deploy applications using Ansible and monitor them with Datadog, Sentry and Victorops
- Work in an environment that is collaborative - we peer review our changes - and has a mature CI/CD setup - we deploy to production multiple times a day. For this we use standard industry tools like Github, CircleCI, Coveralls.
SKILLS YOU NEED
We seek someone who
- Has 4+ yrs professional experience
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset -- you have a track record of easily learning new technologies and tools.
- Prioritizes fast iterations/time to market and the customer feedback cycle
- Bonus points for exposure to a polyglot workplace, familiarity with microservices, experience within a distributed team
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB
- The mission, the people, and the work.
- The mission: work on a project that is making the world a better place.
- The people: work for a high growth company and learn in an environment where people care about growth and work/life balance.
- The work: pragmatically use amazing technology.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and equity.
- Flexible location (NYC, Baltimore, St. Louis, remote for the right candidate)