As a Software Engineer on LaunchDarkly’s SDK team, you will build the primary touchpoint that our customers interact with on a daily basis. You’ll work with multiple technologies across our 20+ SDKs while enabling customers of all kinds to feature flag their code. When working on our SDKs, you’d be contributing to much more than thin client wrappers. Our SDKs are feature-rich agents with strong emphases on performance, concurrency, and resiliency -- all while following idiomatic practices for their tech stack.
LaunchDarkly serves trillions of feature flags daily to customers all around the globe, and every flag is handled by our SDKs. This team has a major impact not only on our company, but on our customers (and their customers). We are growing fast and we need your help writing the next chapter in our story.
- Contribute to SDK development for our supported platforms
- Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to drive the implementation and release of major features
- Actively maintain our open-source repositories
- Write well-tested and well-organized production-quality code, with an emphasis on maintainability
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for best practices
- Have an active voice in shaping both technology and product decisions
- Polyglot background— fluency in at least one programming language, and an ability to context switch quickly between languages
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience building and maintaining client applications or libraries
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems and work independently when necessary
- Strong testing background: experience building unit, integration, load tests, and benchmarks
- Experience contributing to open-source software